Will doxycycline slow down the progression of osteoarthritis?

may doxycycline slow the progression of osteoarthritis
Posted Sat, 8 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 52 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO Detailed Answer: Hi and thank you so much for trusting us with your health query. Doxycycline does not slow down the progression of osteoarthritis. Doxycycline is an antibiotic that is mainly used to treat bacteria infections. If you want a medication to slow down osteoarthritis, I will suggest that you get consulted, examined and do some imaging studies by your doctor to make an informed decision on this. I hope you find this helpful. Thank you so much for using our services and please feel free to for more information or clarifications if need be. I wish you the best of health. Dr. Ditah, MD.