Will decreasing testosterone levles and increase progesterone and estroggen levels help increase my breast size?

Infertility Specialist
Question
Hi, I am from Hyderabad. My query is on breast enalrgement. I am 27 years old and I have barely B cup size. I know that breast development is completely based on harmonal levels. I am researching on this for past 6months. Below are my blood test results done in FOLLICULAR phase. Estrogen-24.3(range is 19.2 to 144.6 pg/ml) Progesteron-0.43(range is 0.2 to 1.4 ng/ml) Testosteron-40.66(range is 20 to 70.66 ng/dl) Prolactin-9.19( range is 2.8 to 29.2 ng/ml) I feel all my harmonal levels are low. I have a kid and my breasts size did not increase during pregnancy also. Currently I am working on decreasing testosterone levles and increase progesterone and estroggen levels. I would need help from a doctor(endocrinologist/gynecologist) to help me in this journey.
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 57 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dont Change Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome to healthcare magic. Your hormone levels what you have mentioned does not help you in gaining breast size at this age. Whatever information you had gathered from internet is wrong unfortunately. To increase progesterone levels you can visit a gynecologist and request for progesterone prescription. But i am against using these hormones which might upset your body. After pregnancy and child birth your breasts will automatically increase in size. Hence have patience. I suggest you drop the idea of increasing breast by hormones. You can go for silicon implantation surgery to increase size which is not recommendable. Let me know if you have more doubts. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol

Follow-up: Will decreasing testosterone levles and increase progesterone and estroggen levels help increase my breast size? 54 minutes later
Hi Doctor, By mentioning 'Your hormone levels what you have mentioned does not help you in gaining breast size at this age' do you mean that those harmonal levels are not sufficient for breast enlargement? 'After pregnancy and child birth your breasts will automatically increase in size. Hence have patience.' I meant that I had a kid and during pregnancy also my breast size did not increase? Can you let me know how I can decrease testosterone levels? Any medication for this?

Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Explained Detailed Answer: Hi, By mentioning that about hormones I meant to say these hormones per se have no role and not going to matter in increasing breast size. There are medicines to decrease testesterone levels. These are not going to help you to increase breast size. Unfortunately these are associated with side effects like increased risk of hair loss, decreased sexual interest etc... Theoretically you might have read that decrease in testesterone levels will help you in increasing breast size which does not happen really and the effect is very minute. Effect is less compared to side effects. If your breast size has been same even after child birth and lactation, there is no possibility in increasing with hormone manipulations. Its a futile excercise. Your breast size are decided genetically by birth. There are medicines available to decrease testesterone levels used in prostate hypertrophy patients. Still if you wish to go ahead with medicines to decrease testesterone levels, I suggest you have to see a surgeon or a urologist in person who can give the prescription as in healthcare magic we are not allowed to prescribe medicines. Let me know if you have more doubts. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol