Will decapeptyl give a false positive for pregnancy?

Infertility Specialist
I am currently taking decapeptyl injections in preparation for my IVF treatment. I have been taking it for one week. I should normally get my period today so I took a pregnancy test just to see (because we had intercourse during the last time of ovulation prior to taking injections). The test came up positive. Will decapeptyl give a false positive? If not and I am actually pregnant, will this medication affect the pregnancy?
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Congratulations Detailed Answer: Hi, Decapeptyl will not give false positive and even if you are pregnant it wont harm the baby. Please get serum beta hCG blood test to confirm pregnancy. Continue thyroid medicines. Let me know if you are having anymore queries. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol IVF & Infertility Specialist