Will continuous masturbation cause erection problems ?

ENT Specialist
Hello Doctor,
From past few months am having pain in my penis. Initially I neglected it. Later it turned out like am not getting erections at all.
It may take several weeks to get an erection but with pain. When I masturbate (am single still) or touch my penis, it pains. And I get only little (hardly) serum. Please help me in this.
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 2 hours later

Actually there are many causes for painful and delayed erection. For your information, i will discuss about each of them.

First cause is Trauma to penis-- In your case , there is no history of such incedent.

Second cause is -- hormonal imbalance-- Again you are not suffering from this because, you are not giving history of any feminine features.

Third cause is excessive tobacco abuse-- Again there is no such thing in your history.

Forth cause may be- Excessive masturbation-- again NO.

Fifth and the most common cause is Stress.

Sixth cause may be inflammation of penile mucosa and other structures like corpus spongiosum.

What to do now--

First of all try to find out the cause of your problem., then consult a urologist for expert management of case.

Hope this will certainly help you.

Follow-up: Will continuous masturbation cause erection problems ? 10 hours later
Hello Doctor,
Thanks for the reply.
I masturbate a lot I guess. From past ten years, almost 3 times a week.
And from past one year, my erections slowed down and down and now there is almost no sign and lot of pain if I touch. How to know whether any harmonal imbalance might have caused this problem?
Does this problem lead to any loss of hair as I am losing my hair drastically from past year and also the hair growth is not uniform across my head. Left side hairs show little growth (not like earlier) and right hairs show almost no growth or very less growth.
Is this a sign of harmonal imbalance and also is effecting my sexual characteristics.
Answered by Dr. Puneet Maheshwari 8 hours later

No, continuous masturbation, will not cause any erection problem. To know whether you have any hormonal problem or not, you may consult an endocrinologist, but the chances of a disease is extremely rare in your case.

Loss of hair is a natural baldness phemenon in males., dont worry for this, for cosmetic reasons, you may consult a skin specialist.

Secondaly, hair loss is not a sign of hormonal imbalance, it is a natural process in males due to the presence of testosterone.

Just improve your diet, take vitamin n mineral suppliments, decrease your masturbation frequency.

You will be all right, infact you are fine.

Hope, this will help you.