Will consuming amla juice and aloe vera juice help reduce weight and piles problem?

Ayurveda Specialist
I suffer from 3rd degree piles and now it make me difficult sit to sit for long hours. I am an hypothyroid patient and it is under control. I do not want to go for surgery as I want to recover naturally. I want to also know if consuming amla juice and aloe vera juice will help reducing piles and weight? Please help me with your valuable suggestion on healing piles naturally
Posted Mon, 25 Nov 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: need more details Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for contacting Ayurveda with your Health query and although Dietary Regime and Lifestyle management is initiated from my side but for Medicine Aspect following points needs clarification. I understand you might be suffering with pain, bleeding and mucous discharge. Can you specify what are your exact symptoms? 1. Are you suffering from constipation [since it is cause and effect of both hypothyroidism and piles]? 2. Any associated digestive problem [since low digestive fire is cause of piles and hypothyroidism]? 3. Is your blood sugar, lipid profile in normal range? In the meanwhile, I suggest dietary regime that includes - take high fibre diet,fresh fruits and vegetables,avoid milk and milk products in diet, excess of tea,coffee,tobacco,alcohol and carbonated beverages. - eat slowly,avoid haste-irregular eating and sweet/heavy food which are difficult to digest and cause indigestion. - take less of strong spices (ginger,garlic), oily-fried-fatty food and flatus producing foods (peas,beans,dals) - take old rice,bottle gourd,moong dal XXXXXXX marich, pomegranate,jaiphal,hot water, adequate rest and sleep. - take fried cumin seeds 500mg, fried asafetida (hing) 125mg, XXXXXXX parpati 500mg, mix them and take with honey three times a day. - 1 glass lukewarm water every morning and night. - to stop bleeding:coconut water from 1 coconut and add 2 table spoon full (tsf) sugar and drink. - drink 1 cup potato juice daily for 1 month. - 4tsf sugar+ 4tsf bitter gourd juice and drink for 1 month - 3 pinches dried ginger+ 2 cup butter milk, drink after lunch and dinner for 1 month - eat 2 tsf plain white butter + 1 tsf sesame powder before lunch and dinner and drink 2 cup butter milk + 3-4 pinches of black salt after lunch and dinner - take: elephant yam, papaya, butter milk, pistachio, almonds, pear, XXXXXXX old rice, milk, crystallized sugar, raw radish and avoid tea,coffee,garlic,onion,fish,hot spices, sitting for long hours. PS: .if job demands sitting, make sure you get up every half an hour to relax for 5 minutes and then sit back,make a sponge cushion for your chair. . Again piles, hypothyroidism and weight gain are due to low digestive fire and taking amla & aloe vera juice will help in cleansing the liver to speed up the metabolism so can be taken safely. Please revert back with your clarifications Dr. Munish Sood Consultant & Physician Naimittika
Follow-up: Will consuming amla juice and aloe vera juice help reduce weight and piles problem? 1 hour later
Hi Doctor, Thanks for your quick response. Yes, I suffer from constipation. Blood sugar and lipid profile are in normal range. I do not have any digestion problem in particular, only little gastric trouble and indigestion at times. I drink warm water daily in the morning and take care of my diet. Trying to excercise and lose weight as well. I will try to incorporte your suggestions in my diet. I will start amla and aloevera juice to see if it helps me. Thanks so much
Answered by Dr. Munish Sood 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Psycho somatic treatment Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXXXX Thanks for reverting back with your concerns 1. since you are suffering from constipation which can be a causative as well as aggravating factor for piles thus in your case 'psyco somatic' treatment is must, i.e. tranquility of mind is must, as such XXXXXXX drugs are useful (mandukparni [मण्डूकपर्णी], Amla [आमला], XXXXXXX [ज्योतिषमति], shankhpushpi [शंखपुष्पी], ashwagandha [अश्वगंधा], shatavri [शतावरी], vacha [वचा], brahmi [ब्राह्मी], yashtimadhu [यष्टिमधु], jatamansi [जटामांसी], are some of the best ‘medhya’ drugs you can choose singly or in compound form after consulting your Physician there. 2. Trifla because of its high nutritional-detoxification-Shodhan and cleansing value is very helpful in treating your present complaints. [take 3 gm with XXXXXXX warm water at bed time] 3. i. Avoid constipation (main reason of getting piles), by taking fiber XXXXXXX diet,drink plenty of water (liquids). ii. Do not strain while passing stool,and use warm water or wet toilet paper but without perfume or alcohol(without soap) to clean your anus after each motion iii. avoid cold/tap/jet (western seat) water. Dr. Munish Naimittika