Will change of medicine for sleep deprivation cause manic episode?

I suffer from sleep deprevepration (sp?) My nurse practioner has changed my meds and I'm worried about having a manic episode . I am on Lithium--it works the best. And has for years!
Posted Tue, 4 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Saatiish Jhuntrraa 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Observe Sleep Hygiene Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for choosing healthcaremagic If you are on Lithium for years, the chances for manic attack is reduced, provided the serum level is between 0.8-1.2mmol per litre. Sleep deprivation can induce manic attack. You have a number of options like Clonazepam 2-3 mg, Seroquel 50 to 100mg,Ramelteon 8 mg at bed time. Discuss it with your doctor. Also observe sleep hygiene to help you sleep better Good Luck Dr Saariish Jhuntrraa