Will being on HCG diet interfere with my scheduled surgery ?

I was on the HCG diet this last week, I started on Tuesday the 17th and stopped on Thursday the 19th when I found out I was scheduled for surger on the 24th of May. So basically I was only on the diet for 3 whole days. The Dr at the HCG clinic said I will be fine and that the HCG will be out of my system in 48 hrs from the last shot Thursday morning and to start eating more again, expecially protein. I just want to make sure that they are correct and that it won't affect my surgery.
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 hours later

Any drugs and diet programs need to be stopped at least a week before the scheduled surgery. You should be in good health and your body should be in a good condition to withstand the stress of surgery. As you have already stopped the diet but you need to improve on your diet now.

It would be better to include XXXXXXX veggies, increase protein intake and drink plenty of water to flush out the toxins from the body.

Please discuss with your Surgeon again about regaining of the health and follow as advise.
You are in a narrow window of opportunity. Make the most of the time.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.
Follow-up: Will being on HCG diet interfere with my scheduled surgery ? 7 hours later
Since I'm having surgery on Tuesday and I stopped the diet Friday I am just short of a week. I am healthy and have no health problems other than the prolapsed bladder that we are repairing. So, will it be okay to have the surgery on Tuesday or should I postpone it? I was only on the diet for 3 days so I can't imagine that it would have affected me to greatly.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 49 minutes later
Hi again,

Thanks for writing back.

I think that if you are healthy and strong then this shouldn't be a problem.
Improve your diet in the next few days. Drink lots of water. You should be OK after the surgery.
5 days until surgery should be enough to flush out the toxins. Be healthy.