Will beets, carrot and celery have an impact on stool color? Suggest the treatment for diarrhea

General Surgeon
Sorry for the gross photo. It was kinda alarming. It looks as though there may be blood in my stool. This morning I did have a juice from the juicer that had beets,carrott,celery and cucumber so I'm hoping that is the cause. There was no blood on the toilet paper. Last night I did have some sugar free gummy bears that did not sit well. Made me very gassy. This morning I looked up reviews on them and there were over 200 reviews that showed people experiencing diarrhea from them. I've been having that today.
Posted Wed, 25 Dec 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Deepak Kishore Kaltari 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Unlikely to be blood Detailed Answer: Namaste Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of day Dear Mr XXXX, The appearance in Lavatory pant is unlikely to be due to blood. it's more likely to be due to the juices you have consumed. It's highly unlikely that such gross bleeding will present without other associated symptoms like pain in abdomen. Also if you have a look at the picture you sent me, you can see a clear water at top level and the particulate coloured matter settling down, which very well implies it's due to ingested food related which is settling down. Had it been so much of blood it would have caused uniform discoloration of whole water. Rest be assured everything is alright. I would advise you to discontinue use of suspected offending things. It's very much likely that you will not have fresh episodes. In rare case you Still have I would suggest you getting stools examination done and consult your physician. Wishing you healthy life In case you need any further assistance will be glad to assist you Take care Best Regards Dr Deepak Kishore MBBS,MS,MCh Consultant Surgeon