Will adderall effects menstrual cycle?

I wanted to know if Adderral effects menstrual cycle. I am late and was concerned if it was the meds or if I am pregnant. Thanks
Posted Mon, 2 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: delayed period not a documented side effect Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Everyone processes medication differently but altering the timing of the menstrual cycle is not a documented side effect of adderall.This means that it is possible that you are pregnant. Adderall is known to cause dysmenorrhea (painful periods). There are other causes of irregular or delayed period: (1) emotional or physical stress or illness (2) extreme physical activity (3)inadequate diet (4)abnormal levels of thyroid hormone (5)abnormal levels of the a hormone-prolactin (6)polycystic ovarian syndrome Pregnancy tests can normally accurately determine if a woman is pregnant by day 11 to 14 after conception. There are some tests that can pick up lower levels of the hormone and may pick it up earlier. The pregnancy hormone levels (HCG levels) can also be detected earlier by blood tests. IF you wish to conclusively determine you are pregnant, it would be best to do either the urine or blood pregnancy test. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions