Will a diagnosis of high SGPT level and mild fatty liver prevent me from gaining employment at a company?

Dear doctor, i am 33 male recently i have undergone pre employment medical check up and it was found that i have sgpt- 194 except this all test are absolutely normal test includes 1) CBC
2. ESR and liver test 3. Urine Routine 4. Blood Group & Rh Factor 5. X-ray (Chest)6. General Physical Examination
7. Fasting Blood Sugar &Post Prandial Blood Sugar
8. Total Cholesterol9. ECG10. Serum Creatinine
now they have advised me to got my ultrasound done full abdomen. i have got it done today and every thing is normal and they found mild fatty liver. Another thing i want to share that i was suffering from loose motions and was on Ofloxacin-200mg with ornidazole500mg B.D dosage (oflox OZ )medication for 2days and continued ofloxacin-200 B.D dosage (oflox) for another 3days as was suffering cold and cough also.
now i need to go to gastro doctor to get the ultrasound reports checked. Just want to know what could be the reason for this elevated SGPT and will i get the clearance for joining new company.
Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Follow-up: Will a diagnosis of high SGPT level and mild fatty liver prevent me from gaining employment at a company? 6 minutes later
what should i do to lower my SGPT levels?? and what diet i should follow i am not a heavy drinker just take drinks occasionally and i am not fond of junk food as well.
Answered by Dr. Deepak Anvekar 43 minutes later

ALT (SGPT) is, a enzyme normally found largely in the liver. This is not to say that it is exclusively located in liver, but that is where it is most concentrated. It is released into the bloodstream as the result of liver injury. It therefore serves as a fairly specific indicator of liver status.

The normal range of values for ALT (SGPT) is from 7 to 56 units per liter of serum.

AST (SGOT) and ALT (SGPT) are sensitive indicators of liver damage or injury from different types of disease. But it must be emphasized that higher-than-normal levels of these liver enzymes should not be automatically equated with liver disease. They may mean liver problems or they may not. For example, elevations of these enzymes can occur with muscle damage.

The interpretation of elevated AST and ALT levels depends upon the entire clinical evaluation of an individual.

In your case, the mild elevation could be due to the fatty liver, which is a benign issue and will not be a reason for any doctor to not give you a clearance to a job.

You can relax and consult your doctor and he will declare your fit for employment.

I hope this helps.