Will Tricort injection cure plantar fasciitis?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
Hi, My wife has been diagnosed with plantar fasciitis; she has been advised to give Tricort injection? Wanted to know if this cures plantar fasciitis She has already given one round of this injection in July; and is wearing silicon rubber sole shoes now...
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: It will not cure disease but will halt the progres Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us, I have studied your case with diligence. In plantar fasciitis there is inflammation of plantar fascia which is usually degenerative. Tricort injection will reduce inflammation and pain due to stretching of planter fascia. It will not cure disease but will halt the progression and further damage. Pain may return after few months of injection. Start plantar exercises consulting physiotherapist and plantar tapping may also help. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries. Wishing you good health. Take care

Follow-up: Will Tricort injection cure plantar fasciitis? 10 minutes later
Hello doctor, thanks for your response...is there any cure for this, how about surgery

Answered by Dr. Vaibhav Gandhi 20 hours later
Brief Answer: Yes there are surgeries for it Detailed Answer: Hello again Yes there are surgeries for plantar fascitis, but results of surgery are ambiguous. There is possibility of recurrence after surgery, so choice depends on you. Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. If you are satisfied with answer do not forget to rate this answer at end of discussion. Wishing you good health. Take care.