Will Tetralysal capsules work for acne if broken open and contents sprinkled in food?

My 13 year old daughter has just been given Tetralysal capsules to take for her acne. As she is unable to swallow tablets or capsules of any kind our doctor said to break open the capsule and sprinkle contents in some food. This is what I have just done. Will the medicine still work? Will it cause any problems doing it this way? My doctor said it will be fine.
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Mihail Iepure 27 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Actually it is not recommended mixing any medication with food , generally some medicines a taken before , after or in meal time. Food has different Ph and temperature and may inactivate active ingredient of medication. She must avoid taking remedies containing iron, calcium, zinc, in same time as these can interfere absorption of Tetralysal ( Lymecycline ). The capsules can be taken either with food or without food but should always be taken with glass of water, if she can’t swallow then broke and take as a powder.
Hope this helps, if you have additional queries don’t hesitate to ask.
Best Regards,