Will Momatasome cream help in curing my acne marks?

Dermatologist
Question
post acne marks(not acne) since one year i used many skinlightning products but nothing happens.. one Dr. suggest me to use Momatasome cream.. what to do.. i realy want to get rid from it in 1 or 2months..
Posted Fri, 24 Jan 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 26 minutes later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query and photographs. Mometasone is a steroid it is not going to help you. Skin lightening creams would have worked for you, but if there is no response go for chemicals peels. Glycolic acid peels will be good for you. These are done once a month. Also isotretinoin capsule can give you some relief. Meet a dermatologist and discuss regarding these. Let me know if you have any other doubts, Thank you

Follow-up: Will Momatasome cream help in curing my acne marks? 2 hours later
Sir it is Red in color so skinlightning products can not effect much on Redness.. i think redness has nothing to deal wid Melanien.. Can steroid like momate or flucort can reduce my red post acne marks?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 21 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the follow up. Yes steroid can reduce redness, but only for a small time. Once you stop applying steroid again there will be rebound redness. Peels not only help in reducing pigmentation but also reduce acne. That is why I am suggesting you to go for peels. Feel free to ask any other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Will Momatasome cream help in curing my acne marks? 1 hour later
Sir i have no dematologiest in my area how can i go for a chemical peel.. if possible my marks r treaded wid any creams ?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Ok XXXXXXX then you can buy glycolic acid 6 % cream. This cream is well available in pharmacy shops. Apply it in evening , keep it for half hour then wash off. Do this twice a week. It will give you good results. Let me know if you have other doubts. Thank you

Follow-up: Will Momatasome cream help in curing my acne marks? 5 hours later
thanks sir.. but do u think it will work on my red spot bcoz it has only 6% glycolic acid if works what time it takes? can i use moisterizer while using these cream?

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Details below Detailed Answer: Hello. Yes it will work. It has 6 % thats why I asked you to apply it twice a week. 35 % is used once a month. Yes you can apply moisturiser. After washing the cream apply moisturiser and sleep. Thank you