Will I surely conceive if I take Miprogen tablets?

May 2013
Hi, i am taking miprogen tablets for past two months. By taking these tablets will surely conceive? last month i got period date for 26 days. this month i got early for 23 days. so,these tablets makes any change in my period cycle? Can i use them?
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 50 minutes later

miprogen tablets contains progesterone,
they will be useful in cases of progesterone deficiency,
they can help in implantation of fertilized ovum but it is not true that just by using these tablets pregnancy will occur,
usually these will be prescribed from 15th day to 25th day etc to fulfill the needs of progesterone in the second half of the cycle,
in the absence of pregnancy after stopping pills you will get withdrawal bleeding,
if there is any alterations in the dosage of pills you may get the bleeding early.

to improve the fertility better to track the ovulation by ovulation kits or by cervical mucus method or by ultrasound and plan intercourse around that period.
miprogen comes under category X drug in pregnancy means animal studies shown some possible defects in babies though human studies didn't prove,
better to stop after confirmation of pregnancy unless clearly indicated.

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.