Will I pill get detected in blood test?

when i take i pill, will it get detected in blood test ?
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 6 hours later

Important aspects of your query are:
•     25 year old female
•     Worry related to i pill.

I pill contain active ingredient Mifepristone. Mifepristone is a synthetic steroid compound. It is a progesterone receptor antagonist used in smaller doses as an emergency contraceptive.

It is not detectable in hormonal assays, routine blood screening tests, pregnancy tests and substance use screening tests. If you have some specific test related concern, you can write to me.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. In case of any doubt, I will be available for follow ups.

Wish you good health.
Follow-up: Will I pill get detected in blood test? 5 hours later
can it be detected in a blood test taken for Thyroid condition, hemoglobin content or sodium level check ?
Answered by Dr. Ashish Mittal 1 hour later
Hello again,

Answer is No.