Will I get serious side effects from taking Lisinopril? Have hypertension, dark urine

I want to know if I have serious side effects from taking ACE inhibitor, Lisinopril
I was diagnosed with hypertension last wednesday and doctor prescribed me 20mg lisinopril daily
I am experiencing dark colored urine about once a day after drinking 5-10 cups of water. I will urinate all day clear, then walked 3-4 miles got home took a nap and urine was very dark and large quantity. There are no other side effect besides some slight dizzyness the first day or two after taking the medicine
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 51 minutes later
Hi there,
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your mail with diligence.
I have used ACE inhibitors in hundreds of patients in my cardiology practice of few decades, I have not encountered side effects of the type you have described. Of course your renal function tests would be normal before starting this drug and Lisinopril does not increase the out put of urine. If dizziness is no longer there nothing to worry about that.

If you have any further query, I will be more than happy to answer.
With best wishes.
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
http://www/ WWW.WWWW.WW