Will I get HIV from a handjob?

Nephrologist
Question
Yesterday I visited the sex worker, she was helping me for the masturbation, means gave me the handjob. That time I not wore a condom on penis and even I don’t know she has any cut or sore on her hand If while she helping me for the masturbation, I had any kind of blood contact from her hands on tip of penis and transmitted HIV through that and I don’t have wound or cut on Penis and Pubic part, But I read on some forums skin of penis is very sensitive, its damaged easily. How big chances to transmitted HIV in this action, I worried after this incident please help
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chances are negligible Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query If the sex worker has only given a hand job then it is unlikely that you would have been transmitted with HIV, even if there was a small cut on her hand with a blood clot HIV cannot survive in the open environment, it only survives in the human body.However after 3 weeks please get yourself tested for HIV just to be sure. I advice you to engage in protected sex. I hope I was of help, if you have further queries please get back to me Regards

Follow-up: Will I get HIV from a handjob? 3 hours later
Thank you for the previous reply Here are some my questions please counseling on that 1. I am concern most with this question, because that sexworker touched my penis and might be some her blood stuck on my penis, ( I don’t know the blood amount, it was more than the small drop), while she was masturbating to use with both hands, after that blood entered through my body from urine outlet or underneath the foreskins sensitive part ? 2. I am still worrying about is little bit of blood can cause for HIV transmission? 3. Is that Penis’s foreskin inside area that much sensitive where the blood can enters from inside the body? 4. Is HIV virus can enter from body through tip of penis, where the urine comes (I read some of the forums and someone mentioned something, I am little bit worrying for that)? 5. Is that necessary to get test after 3 weeks in my case? or I can done it later?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thanks for the reply Detailed Answer: Hello I understand your concern and anxiety, I will try and answer to your questions one by one 1. Infected blood stuck to ones hand especially if its small drop cannot transmit HIV by touching another person's penis 2. A bit of blood if not in direct contact with a fresh cut cannot transmit HIV 3. Foreskin's mucous membrane is sensitive and could be a possible site of entry for the HIV 4. HIV can enter through the tip of the penis 5. You have to wait for 3 weeks to know if you have HIV because until then you might get a false negative result. First three weeks is known as the window period. If you want it earlier you will have to go for Western blot technique. I hope I was of help I wish you good health Regards

Follow-up: Will I get HIV from a handjob? 15 minutes later
I am still not clear with means in my case if some of her blood from her hands stuck, near to tip of the penis or Foreskin's mucous membrane is that any possibility to cause HIV transmission.

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello Detailed Answer: I am sorry if I was not clear enough. Let me try again to explain it to you. If some blood was stuck on her hand and she touched your foreskin mucous membrane with that hand the chances of transmission is negligible because HIV does not survive in the open environment. Regards