Will I be pregnant even after taking local contraceptive pill?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2016
Mar 2016

OBGYN
Question
Hi, I had an unprotected sex 3 days before and immediately after that I had an local contraceptive pill. And following days I had femilon. I have been on femilon medication from past 3 months and had been taking it regularly. Is there a chance of getting pregnant. Could you please advise any medicine to be sure of preventing pregnancy
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in Birth Control

Answered by Dr. S Patra 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: NEED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for writing to us. Before going to answer your specific query, I need some additional information to assist you better and give proper guideline. 1) What is your last menstrual period date (LMP) ? 2) Is it regular or irregular? Duration of cycle - 28 to 30 days or more? 3) Did you take emergency pill or other local contraceptive pill? Name of the pill if you can remember? Waiting for your reply. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Will I be pregnant even after taking local contraceptive pill? 9 minutes later
Last mensural date was 11th XXXXXXX til 15th XXXXXXX I had cyst operation last august and post that I have been having femilon and is having it regularly. Immediately after unprotected sex I had a pill bt dont remember the name. And next day I had femilon. Today also I had femilon.

Answered by Dr. S Patra 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. NO NEED TO WORRY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for additional information. First 5 days after period over are EXTREMELY SAFE in 28 to 30 days regular cycle. According to your information, you did SAFE sex on 18th XXXXXXX (3 days before) and took one contraceptive pill immediately. After that, you continue FEMILON (which is regular oral contraceptive pill and protects 99.9% against unwanted pregnancy) regularly on scheduled time. To summarize, you have NO chance of pregnancy and NOTHING to WORRY. Just continue FEMILON as per your doctor's recommendation. Hope, I have answered your query. Kindly, close the discussion if you don't have any other query. Wish your good health and take care yourself. Regards, Dr Soumen For future query, you can directly approach me through WWW.WWWW.WW

Follow-up: Will I be pregnant even after taking local contraceptive pill? 4 minutes later
Thank you so much. But should I go for any test. You have been really helpful thanks.

Answered by Dr. S Patra 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: DETAILS ARE GIVEN BELOW. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your response. You should wait for next period and if it is delayed more than 7 days, then you can undergo one home pregnancy test to clear doubt. In my point of view, you will get regular period if you continue to take FEMILON regularly as per schedule and in that case, you mayn't require any kind of test as you have NO chance of pregnancy. Hope, it helps for your information. Kindly, close the discussion. All the best and good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen

Follow-up: Will I be pregnant even after taking local contraceptive pill? 18 hours later
Hi, One last question. I did the test today first thing in the morning anf the result was negative. Is it too early to check ?? I just want to be 100% sure before its too late for me.

Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later
Brief Answer: EARLY TEST IS INVALID. NO CHANCE OF PREGNANCY. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for follow up query. I want to clear one thing that pregnancy depends on proper timing of ovulation and unprotected sex with ejaculation inside vagina. According to period date, you will ovulate around 26th - 28th January (14 days prior to due date) and your fertile days are 23rd January to 1st February. Here, you have NO chance of pregnancy as you did sex on SAFE PERIOD and take FEMILON as regular contraceptive pill. So, you wouldn't be worried about that. It is too early for pregnancy test and it is INVALID test. You can do that only after missed period and NOT before that. Hope, I have guided you properly. Practice safe sex in future also. Good luck. Regards, Dr Soumen