Will I be infected with herpes after sleeping in another person's bed sheets?

can i get herpes from sleeping in bed sheets with a person that has it ??? YYYY@YYYY I have a sore on my buttocks , not had anal sex but sleep in his bed
Posted Wed, 22 Jan 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: it is not considered a mode of transmission Detailed Answer: HI, thanks for using healthcare magic Herpes is transmitted mainly through direct contact of the skin or mucous membranes (mouth, genitalia) with infected secretions through close personal contact. It would need contact with an area of skin injury or the intimate genital contact. There is no risk of transmission after contact with inanimate objects such as bed sheets, this is not considered a mode of transmission.This is supported from data from the US national herpes hotline. Though herpes may be a cause for a sore on the buttocks, other bacterial or viral infections can also cause this. Diagnosis would be possible with physical inspection of the area, if possible, you should consider visiting your doctor for an evaluation. I hope this helps, feel free to ask any additional questions