Will Adderall help in curing severe anxiety?

Yes, I ,was was woundering if Adderall is a good med to treat severe Anxiety. If not could you suggested something else.
Posted Sat, 15 Feb 2014 in Anxiety and Stress
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Anxiety Detailed Answer: Hello.Delighted to be able to help. The mentioned drug is an amphetamine derivative. It is absolutely contraindicated to take this drug in a person suffering anxiety. One of the main side effects of the drug is nervousness, accordingly anxiety would increase if you take this drug. Alprazolam, Lorazepam or Clorazepate are drugs widely used in the treatment of anxiety.If anxiety is severe it is recommended to add an antidepressant such as Paroxetine,Escitalopram or Venlafaxine. Please consult your local doctor for prescription. I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.I wish you good health.