Will 3 slots of chemotherapy treat esophageal cancer?

my husband has been diagnosed with untreatable, incurable osphegal cancer. it is suggested he has 3 slots of chemotherapy then scan and if successful 3 more and so on. Is there research to indicate this treatment will help.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, this is a reasonable approach Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. There have been many studies done in this subset of patients. On an average, response to chemotherapy (disease shrinks) is 30-40% and in another 20-30% disease remains stable with chemotherapy. However, as it is incurable, after some time, it will again increase. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
Follow-up: Will 3 slots of chemotherapy treat esophageal cancer? 24 minutes later
Are there any other treatment option including trials of new treatments in the world?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: sure Detailed Answer: There are many trials going on for new treatments. You can search for ongoing trials for this condition at WWW.WWWW.WW Regards