Will 3 slots of chemotherapy treat esophageal cancer?
User rating for this question
my husband has been diagnosed with untreatable, incurable osphegal cancer. it is suggested he has 3 slots of chemotherapy then scan and if successful 3 more and so on. Is there research to indicate this treatment will help.
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Yes, this is a reasonable approach Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. There have been many studies done in this subset of patients. On an average, response to chemotherapy (disease shrinks) is 30-40% and in another 20-30% disease remains stable with chemotherapy. However, as it is incurable, after some time, it will again increase. Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer further followup queries, if any.
Follow-up: Will 3 slots of chemotherapy treat esophageal cancer? 24 minutes later
Are there any other treatment option including trials of new treatments in the world?
Answered by Dr. Indranil Ghosh 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: sure Detailed Answer: There are many trials going on for new treatments. You can search for ongoing trials for this condition at WWW.WWWW.WW Regards
People also viewed
- Red spot on clitoris ult url params sec srp
- Ncp of esophageal cancer
- How long do people with stage iii melanoma live
- Esophageal cancer t3
- Tickling around the anus symptom
- How fast does signet ring gastric cancer grow
- Resting pulse 94
- T3n2a esophageal cancer
- How does a lump near your collarbone indicate stomach cancer
- Esophageal cancer bitter taste
- How long before you see results from chemotherapy
- Will 3 slots of chemotherapy treat esophageal cancer
- The causes of heavy sleepers
- How long do cancer patients live once on morphine
- Tongue feels burnt throat sore