Wife suffering from lack of sleep. What to do?

We are now in Amsterdam. From last three years my wife is not getting sleep. She can sleep hardly one hour per day. We tested almost everything and testresults are good. Nothing wrong.
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
psychiatric evaluation is necessary

Detailed Answer:

Sleep deprivation is a XXXXXXX condition, has to be treated well much before it cause physical complications.

I suggest you to take her to a Psychiatrist, who can counsel her in sessions and identify the cause for the condition and treat her well.

Hope, I answered your query.

Follow-up: Wife suffering from lack of sleep. What to do? 4 hours later
Thanks for your reply. It sounds good.

I want to share one more thing that she has Eye lid and leg movements always.
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
Peripheral nerve weakness

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for writing back.

If the movements in the eye lid and the leg are involuntary then, it could be due to defective nerve conduction which inturn could be a complication of sleep deprivation. Correction of the sleep cycle can correct the nerve problem.

Also its better to take Vit B 12 supplements as it is essential for maintenance of nerve health.