Wife had 2 Lidocain patches on back 2 nights ago

Question
Wife had 2 Lidocain patches on back 2 nights ago and seemed to have a reaction to the patches with nausea ,vomiting sleepy. Tonight she has had severe chills and shaking even with blankets and electric heater in room . She does not seem to have a fever. Throat is very dry and wants to drink ice water. She has a head ache.
Posted Mon, 27 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Follow-up: Wife had 2 Lidocain patches on back 2 nights ago 13 minutes later
Wife has stopped chills and now wants to sleep
Follow-up: Wife had 2 Lidocain patches on back 2 nights ago 30 minutes later
I don't have a cell phone to down load the app. All I have is my computer e-mail @
dmcewen@ centurytel.net. If you cannot communicate this way or by phone 816 575-2821 please have the money refunded. XXXXXXX McEwen

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
seems to have an infection

Detailed Answer:
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

The chills are usually the body's attempt to readjust itself to a higher temperature. When our body's tremble, our temperature goes up. This is why fever and chills go together.

Though she may not feel too hot to the touch, a fever , even if slight, is present.

The reason that she is asking for ice is that she is subconsciously trying to cool herself down.

Need to remove the blanket and heater, these things are going to raise her body temperature further.
She needs to dress coolly, a tepid sponge bath would be helpful if possible or wiping down with a tepid sponge.

Paracetamol/tylenol, if she can use these, would help reduce the chills and fever and she should take as much ice water or ice as she wants.
The paracetamol would also help with the headache.

She seems to have an infection present based on the symptoms mentioned and it maybe best for her to be taken to her doctor for assessment.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions