Widal test is positive. What should I do?

sir main esr widal positive. What to do?
Posted Thu, 31 Oct 2013 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Karanwal 19 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Positive Widal's Test significance

Detailed Answer:

Good evening to you.

I am Dr.(Col) R Karanwal, M.D. (Internal Medicine) and will assist you in addressing to your query.

I can fully appreciate the pain and agony that you are passing through.

A Positive Widal's test is suggestive, but NOT, diagnostic of Typhoid fever. This test can be false positive in several other infections, including Malaria.

You have not given details of your illness. Please send the description of all problems with duration, so that I can reach to a firm conclusion whether you are actually suffering from Typhoid or some other condition.

Hope I have addressed your query to your satisfaction. If you have any further questions, I will be more than happy to help you.

However, if you do not have any further clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

Wish you a speedy recovery and good health.

Fond regards and best wishes,

Dr. (Col) R Karanwal