Widal test and S.typhi 'TO' test done. What does the report say? Is this a serious disease?

My wife age is 29 and his current S.typhi 'TO' test result is 1/20 +ve, 1/40 +ve, 1/80 +ve, 1/160 +vc and
S.typhi 'TH' result is 1/20 +ve, 1/40 +vc, 1/80 +ve.

S.PARA TYPHI 'AH' and S.PARA TYPHI 'BH' all -ve.
Test RESULT: Significantly raised titre. This was WIDAl TEST (SLIDE METHOD).
Please let me know what happend to my wife? is she suffuring any serious disease? and what to do to completly cure?
Posted Sun, 11 Nov 2012 in X-ray, Lab tests and Scans
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
If your wife is having symptoms like fever, headache, fatigue, loss of appetite then this test for typhoid fever called Widal test, is indicative of the typhoid fever.
This is a gut infection with Salmonella Typhi bacteria and a strong positive test indicates she is having active infection.
She should get treatment with proper antibiotics, type and dose would be decided by your local physician once he/she conducts a physical examination.
Mostly a week's rest is needed with nutritious diet, hydration and 14 day antibiotic treatment.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!