Why skin peel off at the injury site?

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Dr. XXXXXXX The laceration to my fingertip is slowly healing... been almost a month and a half. I only had one question. For some reason below my injury the skin keeps peeling off like when you stay in the water too long and you skin gets air bubbles and peels, except I rarely get this finger wet with the injury and all. Is this normal?
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 19 hours later
Brief Answer: This is normal. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for your query. Do not worry, peeling of skin at injury site is normal. It is an important part of the healing process . I would be glad to answer any further queries. Wishing you speedy recovery... Take care