Why my palm colour is getting dark?

Iam fair ... but my the color of my palm is changed to dark color .. its like dirty hands unwashed. please help me what to do ?
Posted Tue, 20 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 4 hours later
Are you having any other symptoms, even ones you would consider unrelated?
Is the pigmentation more prominent in the skin creases?
Can you send a picture of your hands?
Follow-up: Why my palm colour is getting dark? 8 hours later
i dont have any other symptoms.. its just on the palm of hands .. if any creams or tablets please tell me.
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 32 hours later
Thank you for the picture. It is not easy to find information regarding this symptom alone. There are descriptions of conditions related to increased pigmentation of the hands and darkening of the skin involving the fingers and hands. Whether or not these apply to you is uncertain. Here is what I found:

1. Raynaud's phenomenon - this involves alteration of blood flow to the extremities and presents as darkening in the hands (usually starts in the fingers), and I imagine that it can involve the entire hand at times. It is associated with autoimmune diseases such as Lupus, but it can be an isolated finding as well of little significance

2. Addison's disease - this is a disease of the adrenal glands. One of the findings is increase in pigmentation of the palms, particularly in the creases of the palms.

So, instead of looking for creams or cures, I would suggest going to your doctor and have them look directly at the hands. You can ask about the two things that I mentioned and see if this is of concern to them.

Again, I am sorry about the delay. Thanks for using HealthCare Magic for your questions! We hope to see you back soon.