Why menstrual cycles differs a little from month to month?

hi,just wondering why menstrual cycles differ a little sometimes from month to month?eg..28 day cycle then 25 day cycle.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 11 minutes later
The little variation in the cycle from 25 days upto 35 days is a normal variation. This happens due to different duration of the estrogenic phase of the cycle.
This is a normal physiologic variation and is not indicative of any pathology.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Why menstrual cycles differs a little from month to month? 23 hours later
is it normal to have heavier periods than others?how much menstrual blood is too much??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Occasional heavy periods - means a bleeding of more than 45ml in one cycle- average if you soak more than three pads per day for more than 4 days - can happen due to mild hormonal disturbances.
If such heavy bleeding is persistent then the cause needs to be investigated and iron supplements and hormonal therapy is needed after consulting your gynecologist.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.