Why is there chest pain when moving arm? Why is there a tug when I breathe?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Hello, i am 25 male about 260lbs, i went to bed and before i fell a sleep i moved my left hand to arrange a pillow and i felt like a squeeze/tug on my chest, on the left. for about 5 - 7 mins anytime i moved my left arm and breathe i felt it. a little tug when i breathe, and a squeeze when i move my left arm.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Heart Attack
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 10 hours later

Based on description provided by you, it looks like some muscle twist and does not look like cardiac in origin.

I would like to know whether you get any chest pain or discomfort on walking or exertion.

To be on safer side, it is better to get evaluated by a physician. He may order ECG (Electrocardiogram) for you to rule out cardiac origin of pain.

If it comes negative, you may seek Orthopedic consultation for muscle pain.

Hope, this helps to answer your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no further queries.