Why is there a growth on the back of my leg?

I went to the dermatologist 6 months ago and he gave me a thorough examine and gave me a clean XXXXXXX of health. However, I just noticed a growth last night on the back of my leg. Can I take a picture and send it to you to see if there is concern?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 4 hours later

Thank you for the query,

I have seen the pictures which you had sent to us. It seems to be a viral wart(verruca) by the look.

I would like to know few things which would help me suggest you better.

1) How long you have been having this.
2) Any associated symptoms.
3) If you press it from the sides does it hurt.
4) Do you have single or multiple lesions.
5) Any body else in your family has a similar lesion .

Perhaps a visit to competent dermatologist can also confirm the diagnosis.

Please reply back with the above answers as this will help me in answering you better.

Awaiting your reply.

Dr.Bharat chawda
Follow-up: Why is there a growth on the back of my leg? 3 hours later
I just noticed it 4 months ago.

No associated symptoms.

It does not hurt when pressed.

Single lesion.

My son has mulluscum contagiosum. I think I may have had a genital wart a month ago that I removed with XXXXXXX cider vinegar, a cotton ball and a band aid.

Do you think there is any concerns for cancer?

Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 7 hours later
Hello again,

Thank you for the reply.

Since you had a genital wart a month back ,the possibility of this lesion being a wart is high, as viral wart can spread from one place to other by contact.

This can be easily removed with a electro-coutry machine or a co2 laser.

Kindly visit a dermatologist who has these facilities.

Even a molluscum contagiosum (viral ) can spread from one person to another, but this doesn't seems to have features of that.

The possibility of it being a cancer is bleak, but should be ruled out by doing a skin biopsy and looking for malignant cells.

This too can be performed by a competent dermatologist.

Usually a Melanoma (cancer) spreads fast and can be associated with either itching or bleeding.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Wish you good health.

Dr.Bharat chawda