Why is the mucus secretion in my child 's eye increasing with moxip eye drops?
User rating for this question
My child has red eyes and green mucus secretion from the eyes Doctor has prescriped him moxicip eye drops but after giving drops mucus has increased a lot should we continue...he is 3 yrs old
Posted Sun, 12 Jan 2014 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 23 minutes later
Brief Answer: Continue Moxicip Detailed Answer: Hi I think you should continue Moxicip antibiotic drops as per the doctor's prescription. it is commonly complained by parents that the discharge increased after the drop are introduced. However the conjunctival sac has started fighting well and clearing the infection well. The mucus is lysozyme which has fighting properties. Clean the mucus with clean and cold water cotton swab once every 6 hours. Do not let the kid touch the eye frequently. It would introduce fresh infection. Effectively the kid has to stay home and not exposed to outside dust and sunlight. Hope this is helpful.
People also viewed
- Eye drops for sunken eyes
- Pink eye and mouth sores
- Details of nuforce 150 tablet
- Eye and mouth swelling prevention
- Twitchy eyes motion sickness
- Eye drops for dry eyes
- Rapid eye movement waking up
- Side effects on udiliv 150 tables
- Moxicip eye ointment used
- Eye drops for sore eyes
- Can gelusil mps be taken with rantac 150
- Eye drops for itchy eyes
- Eye drops in newborns eyes
- Deriphyllin retard 150 dry cough
- Syscan 150 tablet delays periods?