Why is the itchy sensation in the groin area after intercourse?

Hi I'm a 25m an I have a itchy burning sensation where my legs XXXXXXX my groin the is no visable rash or sores my last sexual experiance was 6 days ago and the time before that was a 3 months ago the symptom started the day after my last sexual encounter so I didn't think much of it, I plan to see my doctor in the next couple XXXXXXX but was wondering what this could be and if there was anything I could do in the mean time
Posted Fri, 27 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 7 minutes later
Hello Zachklovsk,

It is very common to have a burning and itchy sensation in the groin without any visible lesion. It is due to the constant friction and sweating these areas have.

I suggest you to use a mild steroid-antifungal combination cream available Over the counter for a week, thrice a day after wiping the area dry. Keep the area dry with talcum powder. See your dermatologist for a proper prescription.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask any further questions if you have.