Why is stomach blown and keeps moving?

Question
I am not sure what is wrong I can be laying down or sitting up and I can my stomach move like if a girl was prego. But iam male and this can't be. Why would my stomach just start moving like this ?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later

If you can see the slow movements on your abdominal wall like are seen in pregnancy due to baby movements, then there is nothing to worry. The movements you are seeing are due to the normal peristaltic movements of the intestines. The moving intestines are most commonly seen in thin built persons where the abdominal wall is thin and fatty deposits are also lesser.
If there is no associated problem like vomiting or constipation then visible peristalsis is absolutely normal.

I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. If there are additional concerns, I am available for your followups.

Follow-up: Why is stomach blown and keeps moving? 52 minutes later
I am not thin i am avg wight 237lbs and can see the movement clear. i am not female so you know not sure why the question went to an obgyn iam 32 male

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

We answer these health queries on a priority basis as general physicians. If you want to choose, you can ask for a specialist opinion.

Even if you are not thin, the peristaltic movements can be seen in some individuals. Still if you want to be very sure you can have an ultrasound scan and MRI of abdomen done to rule out any soft tissue related pathologies.

Sincerely hope it will help.