Why is oxycodone not working for my pain??

Question
My medicine is not killing my pain, I use, oxycodone/acetaminophen 10-325...it was wrking...until they changed the distributer or manufacturer or pill, from Watson to A333. how can that be? I am in fibro pain, my doctor prescribed Percocet, my pharmacy usually gives me a pill marked Watson, and it wrked, this month the gave me a pill with encrypted A333, it is not as strong, not wrking...what is wrong with this picture? XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 31 Jan 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 55 minutes later
Brief Answer: That is because it is a different medication Detailed Answer: Hello ma'am and welcome. Thank you for writing to us. The light green pill described by you with the A333 encrypted on it is a combination of hydrocodone 10 mg and acetaminophen 650 mg which is not the same as the pill you were previously on (i.e. oxycodone 10 mg + acetaminophen 325 mg). You should discuss the same with your doctor as he/she has decided to change your prescription and thus you feel the difference. I also hope I have helped you to clear your doubt. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Why is oxycodone not working for my pain?? 41 minutes later
How did he change the RX? was it written on RX ? Pharmacist claim is the same RX, just a different name brand..........plz clarify....If I am going to speak to my doctor, I need to know how to ask him? is the RX different? thanks, XXXXXXX It's oxycodone 10-325, the pill form says, A333.......Is it Oxycodone? o Hydrocodone?.......The pharmacist, clalims it's Oxycodone.....plz, clarify what is the white oblong A333 tablet.............. XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 15 minutes later
Brief Answer: Treatment is slightly different XXXXXXX Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I am not sure if your treatment was changed, if your doctor deliberately changed the medication or if it was a mistake, but you should ask your doctor about the change. You should just ask your doctor why you were shifted from oxycodone to hydrocodone, although they belong to the same group and have more or less the same effect, they are still different. So request him/her to help you to get back to the previous prescription. Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Follow-up: Why is oxycodone not working for my pain?? 14 minutes later
I am asking regarding pill description, I am not satisfied.....You claim it's its hydrocodone........The a pharmacist said, it's oxycodone just a diffrnt, brand..............if I am coming back here give me a clear answer, plz XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 14 minutes later
Brief Answer: Either wrong pill or developing a resistance Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX I just checked with my pharmacy as well, and have learnt the following: 1. The is a white/light greenish oval tablet with A333 imprinted on it: This tablet is a combination of hydrocodone 10 mg + acetaminophen 650 mg 2. There is a white oblong pill with A333 imprinted on it, which has the following contents: combination of oxycodone 10 mg + acetaminophen 325 mg So, if you have the oval light greenish/white color tablet then you have been given hydrocodone, which also belongs to the same group as oxycodone, and this would explain the less positive response you are experiencing with the current medication; but if you have a white oval pill then you have the same contents that you were previously taking, and you should not be experiencing a lesser response. Brands do not really make a difference as the dosage is the same, and you should experience the same response as you previously were if you have been given the right medication, unless of course you are developing a resistance to oxycodone, in which case you will have to raise the dosage of the medication, but only under the supervision of a doctor. This is a common occurrence and happens to at least 7 out of every 10 individuals on oxycodone. I hope this information is what you were looking for XXXXXXX My apologies for any inconsistencies in the previous responses. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help. Best wishes.