Ask a Dentist   »  

Why is one side of my face along the jawline swollen?

I just wrote my systems and they disappeared?? here I go again. under the left side of my jaw is a definite Nodule. i went to the dentist, thinking it was from my teeth...teeth were okay. I have reached down with my finger And down under the base of my teeth, the left side only, is a small, round nodule. That side of my face along the Jaw line is slightly swollen...not noticeable, but I can feel the difference. What should I do? I am very Concerned. I am female, 87 years young! Kelley
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Dipti Singh 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: Can be a Submandibular Lymph node Detailed Answer: Hello, XXXXXXX Thank you for consulting with Healthcaremagic. This is Dr. Dipti Singh here to answer your query. As you are mentioning that you are feeling a nodule under your left side of your jaw and your dentist also mentioned that it is not any swelling which is originating from your tooth, it looks that it is lymph node which is present below the jaw. Actually lymph nodes are present generally in the body which are normally not palpable but if there is some infection in the related area of that node it becomes palpable. It can be possible that there is throat infection because of which this submandibular lymph node has become palpable. Better you should consult a general physician and get it examined. Thank you Regards Dr. Dipti Singh