Why is my throat hurting when swallowing?

ENT Specialist
My throat started hurting last night when I was working out, It only hurts when I swallow or touch the area right to the upper left of my XXXXXXX XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 2 Feb 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 44 minutes later
Brief Answer: Throat infection Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, It may be upper respiraotiry tract infection. Do not worry. You can take any over the counter pain killer after checking the dose. Please follow some general measures like - 1)Warm salt water gargling 4 times daily. 2) Steam inhalationn 4 times daily. 3) Drink plenty of warm fluids. 3-3.5 litres per day. 4) Avoid cold foods and air conditioning. 5) Take lots of fruits rich in vitamin C like oranges , sweet lime and lemons. 6) Have 10 almonds per day. They are rich in Zinc which helps in early recovery. Any other nuts will also do. If you do not feel better in 4 days time or if your symptoms get really bad you may require a course of antibiotics preferably of the penicillin group. They are not available over the counter so you have to see a doctor for confirming the diagnosis and prescription. Regards, Dr Rajkishori
Follow-up: Why is my throat hurting when swallowing? 3 minutes later
I thought it was cancer, thyroid cancer contains the same symptoms I have, Hopefully youre right and its a throat infection
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Not cancer Detailed Answer: Hi Tanerpenski, Cancer of the thyroid will produce a variety of symptoms one of them being pain. Since you have pain only since yestreday and no other symptoms it is very highly unlikely that it is anything serious. Rest easy. Please follow the instructions i gave you and you will be absolutely fine. Regards, Dr Rajkishori.
Follow-up: Why is my throat hurting when swallowing? 13 minutes later
thank you, seriously. Youre calming me down now.
Answered by Dr. Rajkishori Godhi 2 minutes later
Brief Answer: you are welcome. Detailed Answer: Regards, Dr Rajkishori.