Why is my stomach hurting after taking cough medicine?

my stomach hurts and has a weird feeling after taking cough medicine. why would this be?
Posted Mon, 10 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: May I know what medicine you used?? Detailed Answer: Hi, There are various medicines available to treat cough. I would be able to answer your question if you can let me know what medicine you took. It would be extremely helpful if you can provide me the generic name of the medicine you took. - Will you also be able to pinpoint the specific site where you are hurt (is it above your belly button or below; to the right or left)? - Can you also describe the pain - is it a crampy, burning type or just an ache? - Do you also have nausea, vomiting, abdominal fullness, diarrhea, constipation along with the ache? - Have you had similar aches in the past? Awaiting your response... Regards