Why is my skin peeling and itching?

The back of my hands & wrists started peeling approx. 5 days ago, since then my fingers, palms, & feet have started; my Dr. Gave me a Prescription for hydrocortisone but it doesn't seem to be helping! This has never happened to me before, what could it possibly be & what else could I possibly do? Some itching in palms of Hands nowhere else. Tx for stomach virus approx 3 weeks ago & had an allergic reaction to meds; given steroids & hydroxy thereafter & current symptoms began shortly after that...
Posted Sat, 21 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Bharat Chawda 47 minutes later

Thank you for the query,

I would like to know few things here before I can suggest you the possibilities :
1) Did you have a recent excess sun exposure .
2) How bad is the itching over back of wrist and hand.
3) What kind of lesions you see over palm and fingers.
4) Did you have any swelling of hands recently.
5) What was the allergic reaction you had with the medicine.

I would also like to see the lesion clinically which would help me suggest you the possibility better.You can send the picture of the lesion at YYYY@YYYY and mention subject as "ATTN Dr.Bharat Chawda".Also please reply to my answer that you have posted the picture.

As far as hydrocortisone is concerned, its a very mild steroid cream to show any good result.

I may be able to help you further once I get the answers of the above questions and also see the lesions clinically.