Why is my job in first priority compared to my family?

I am working women, not able to manage my work and life. I concentrate more on my work than my personal commitments. I understand my job is not everlasting,only my family will stay with me forever, i could not accept it. I love to stay in office (not always). I see my colleagues like my family members, but i know they are not so. My family loves me a lot, but i really donno why they are not in first position of my priority list. I dont spent time with them. I was brought up in very secured manner. Now i feel free to stay alone an take of my task. I dont like someone always taking care of me, it sometimes irritate me. But i really need someone to take care of me, which should not trouble me. There is no one to guide me in my career from my family, but at office i have good mentors to take care of me, which does not trouble me. I think this might be a reason why i am like this. I am a person to take up challenge and learn new things, i personally think my cannot fuel this. I dont want involve in housemaking. How to get out of this confusion. I know i not doing right. How to change my mind.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 37 hours later
Brief Answer: You are already clear in your priorities Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query. I have gone through your question in detail and I can understand what you are going through. Its a very common dilemma for the working women. Most of them are confused of their priorities as they tend to give equal weightage to both family and work and that causes stress. They are neither good mother/wife nor are they good professionals. After going through your question and description, part of the problem already seems to be solved as your professional life interests you more and that satisfies your more. You are more happy being in office working and interacting with colleagues and that is fine.You need not be guilty about it. Everybody is not the same and everybody have their own interests. Now what remains is giving some time to your family as well. Weekends are a good time when your official responsibilities are paused and then you can give time to your family. Also evening hours are good for your family. You can have maid arranged for house hold work so that you can spent quality time with your family instead of doing the house chores. There is no need to feel guilty about it as bu feeling guilty you wont be able to fulfill any of the roles properly. and thats all the more worse. Hope I am able to answer your concerns. If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you. If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback. In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link: Wish you good health, Kind regards Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.