Why is my heart thumping heavily after a hot bath?

Why is my heart thumping heavily after a hot bath? And heart was racing faster than normal this morning during an exercise class?
Posted Sat, 10 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 2 hours later
Thanks for writing in to Healthcare Magic!
Exercises and bath or any other physical activity needs muscular effect and increased supply of oxygen for increased metabolic demand.
So heart beats faster than usual rate, almost at double than usual so that it is able to pump blood faster.
It is a normal physiological response.
The sensation of thumping if too much may indicate an arrhythmia also, so you should get a review to a cardiologist and get a TMT to ensure there is no arrhythmias.
If you have any further query please let me know I would try to answer it for you.
Wish you a great health!