Why is my child's eye hurting while suffering from fever and cough?

My two year old has a fever (101.1) and a cough, but she is now complaining that her eyes hurt. Is this new symptom cause for concern?
Posted Tue, 11 Feb 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for your query. I understand your concern Relax,there is nothing to worry. Many times due to fever and respiratory symptoms there is burning sensatiom in eyes. Give acetaminophen every 4 to 6 hourly till fever is above 100F. Give plenty of fluids. Sprinkle some cold water over her eyes or appy cold compresses gently over eyes. In case symptoms petsist get her evaluated by pediatrician as physical examination will be needed. Hope I have answered your query. Wishing your baby good health. God bless..