Why is my child waking up at frequent intervals during night and what is the treatment for swelling in left eye?

Hi Doc,this is regarding my 1 yr old daughter..she has been waking up at frequent intervals during her night's sleep..only a handful of times I have seen her sleeping it out throughout the night without any disturbance.She is off breast milk since the past 5 days..we have tried all possible procedures but the problem remains the same..also I would like to mention that there is a swelling in her left eye..I will send you the pic..Please suggest
Posted Sun, 5 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 58 minutes later
Brief Answer: Relax.. night terrors, swelling a separate issue Detailed Answer: Hi there As the kids at this age are getting adapted to sleep cycle and as brain cortex is near completion, the dreamy feelings etc. start happening too. Such issues at this age are called night terrors and usually settle with fat rich dinner, storytelling; and cuddling whenever such issues occur or just before sleep. Kids often overcome this in six months. Other more common reasons for this are nose block; constipation, indigestion, itches, scratch, earache etc. I hope this gives you a clear understanding. Let me know if any details needed. For the swelling, it seems like an infective pathology in the eye. Also, there is redness and inflammation. As it is a delicate structure, it would be wise to contact an eye specialist or ophthalmologist, and get the relevant medicines prescribed.