Why is my child not having food while suffering from fever?

my son 1 year 4 months has fever this morning. not eating any food/liquid juice too. what to do.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 1 hour later
Brief Answer: close watch is required Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Sorry about your son's present health condition. Please check and record his temperature hourly. If it is crossing over 101 degree Fahrenheit, please take him to the close by hospital at the earliest. If it is less, you can give him syrup calpol or crocin around 5 ml every 4 hours depending on the temperature. Watch for signs of lethargy, dullness, and other symptoms. If at any time, you feel the symptoms are worsening, please take him to the doctor for evaluation. Do not force him to eat anything. You could probably give him a glass of milk every 2 hours. I wish your son recovers quickly. Let me know if you have more concerns. Regards,