Why is my child having stomach ache and head ache even after giving crocin for fever?

Pediatrician, Pulmonology
Hi my daughter turned 3years on the 1/12/14 .. weight aprox. 14.5kgs. she had a mild fever 100.2 the night before last for which we gave her crocin 8ml. The next afternoon I repeated the dose. She was fine till evening but last evening she had a mild temp again 100.5 we did give her another dose of crocin. this afternoon she was feeling a down I repeated the dose .. at about 5pm to day she started complaining about a tummy ache and a mild head ache.. her appetite is fine. but she is grumpy.. just checked her temperature now she has 102.2
Posted Mon, 27 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Arun 25 minutes later
Brief Answer: Continue crocin Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for writing to XXXXXXX   Do not worry.   From your query the fever seems to be due to a viral infection. Body tries to eliminate virus from the body by increasing temperature. A viral usually takes 5 to 10 days to get better. Till the time virus is cleared from the body, fever will show up. Mild headache stomach ache is possible in viral fever. You can continue crocin 8ml till fever subsides. Make sure there is minimum 4 hours gap between doses. Ensure your kid takes plenty of liquids. Wishing your kid speedy recovery. Regards Dr Arun  
Follow-up: Why is my child having stomach ache and head ache even after giving crocin for fever? 45 minutes later
I forgot to add that she has also developed a mild nasal congestion for which i gave her 4ml of NS solution via a nebuliser.. at about 5pm today.. should i continue the nebulisation if yes at what frequency ..I also have a steam (vaporiser) at home since we stay in Hyderabad the weather is cold and Dry..Please suggest nebulisation or Steam Vaporizer. Should i give her crocin 4 times a day or As and when required
Answered by Dr. Arun 21 minutes later
Brief Answer: Nebulisation is better Detailed Answer: Nebulisation is better . Give her only if she is troubled by cold. 3 to 6 times a day as required. Give crocin only if there is fever. You can skip crocin if there is no fever . Dr Arun