Why is my child having red splotches on face after taking Amoxacillin for strep throat?
User rating for this question
We took my 1 year and 4 month son to urgent care on 12/15 and they diagnosed strep throat. We have been giving him Amoxacillin since then and he is almost finished. This morning, he had several red splotches on one side of his face and now has some more on his other side. We don't know what it is? Can you please assist. XXXXXXX XXXX Sent a couple pictures.
Posted Mon, 13 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Praveen 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi, Thanks for writing back. Does he have the rash elsewhere Detailed Answer: Hello.Welcome and thanks for writing on XXXXXXX Your kid has a mild rash (purple or red pinpoint spots under the skin) and this is one of the side effects of amoxacillin. I suggest you to stop amoxacillin (if he is yet to complete the course). Does he have similar splotches on the rest of the body( trunk, back,thighs, legs etc)? Does it itch? I suggest you to discuss with your doctor since this is one of the side effects which has to be bought to medical supervision. Please remember that he has to avoid amoxacillin in future. Hope this answers your query. Keep us posted.
People also viewed
- Babies born with big lips
- Can high triglycerides cause hives and inflammation of eyes
- Baby born with big wide nose
- Exercising after strep throat
- Strep throat and pimples on face
- Why is my babys chest is big
- Do steroids help in gaining height
- What causes bloating nausea weakness shakiness and chest pain
- What is bevon syrup used for babies
- Strep throat and red eyes
- What causes body shaking after a whipple operation
- Red lips with strep throat
- Suggest possible medication for heart problem
- Bevon drops for baby
- Strep throat red and veiny