Why is my baby having high fever and loose motion?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My 1 year baby has fever 101.3 ( since evening ) and loose motion since morning... ( 3 to 4 times). This is first time its happening to him. Why is he having this please advise... Shd we run to hospital?
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 1 hour later
Brief Answer: avoid dehydration. Detailed Answer: Hi Fever and loose motions ,usually are the symptoms of viral infections. For fever you can use paracetamol syrup. For loose motions you have to maintain hydration of the baby by giving water and oral electrolytes solution . Of course. It is better to show the baby to the doctor as early as possible especially if there is vomiting also . Kids do get infections in the first year ! ( usually 2-3 times in a year) Take care Good bless Dr uma
Follow-up: Why is my baby having high fever and loose motion? 29 minutes later
Thanks Doc. Also I have another question for him.. He is biting his teeth and makes Guturr guturr sound many times a day. Is it normal? he just have 6 teeth now Thanks again.
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 7 hours later
Brief Answer: yes Detailed Answer: Hi, Yes it is normal. Infants can have some reactions e this in the nights. Nothing to do. Just watch. Dr Uma