Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion?

Excellent
Question
Hi my son is 2 months 6 days old , he was having cold , cough and congestion , my doc gave him t-minic and Zifi drops , because of that he was popping alot , then I switched my doctor , he prescribed althrocin drops and mucolite, and now he is crying , I think he is not able to poop , not sleeping also , plz suggest me why is this happening ?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli -5 hours later
Brief Answer: Because of congestion in the nose he is crying. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for asking question on health care magic. Small babies when they have cold and congestion they are unable to breathe properly and they will cry and have feeding problems. These babies also have infantile colick,mostly physiological during first three months.This may be the cause of pain sometimes. Babies with infantile colick usually strain and cry while passing motion as well as urine. Your doctor prescribed correct medicines,continue them. I would like to prescribe Colimex-DF drops for my patients for relief of pain and make them more comfortable. Hope this answer will serve your purpose Please feel free to ask any more queries if required Take care Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH Associate professor of pediatrics

Follow-up: Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion? 12 minutes later
Thankyou doctor , can you just make me clear which drops are good , the first two ones I.e T-minic and Zifi or the ones I am giving currently by switching my doctor I.e althrocin and mucolite , and yes my doc has also told me to give colimex for his pain , 8 drops , can you just clear me how often can I give this colimex drops?i mean in every 4 hours or 6 or 8. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Usually Colimex-DF drops are given every 8th hrly. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for asking follow up query on health care magic. Usually the Colimex -DF drops are given every 8 hourly. But if needed you may give them every 6th hourly also. After 3 months the pain subsides of its own. Both set of drops are good. As you have already changed to second set of drops, continue them. But I personally feel T-minic drops are better than mucolyte drops for nasal congestion. Hope this answer will serve your purpose. Please feel free to ask any more queries if required. Take care Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD; DCH. Associate professor of pediatrics, MIMS.

Follow-up: Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion? 46 minutes later
But doctor I have him t-minic and Zifi drops,but he was popping insanely , I don't know because of which medicine . And also he is coughing alot .

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 2 hours later
Brief Answer: T-minic does not cause dirrhoea. Detailed Answer: Hi, T-minic does not cause diarrhoea. Probably the other drops may be the cause for diarrhoea. You can safely give Althrocin and T-minic drops. This will take care of both cough and cold. Hope this answer will serve your purpose. Please feel free to ask any more queries if required. Take care Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD; DCH. Associate professor of pediatrics, MIMS.

Follow-up: Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion? 50 minutes later
Hi doc , can I give my baby both the medicines t-minic and althrocin , should I stop mucolite ?and today my doc told to add coscopin drops ? , I am very much confused , plz help. Which medicines to continue, which to stop?

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 19 minutes later
Brief Answer: Too many alterations are bad. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for asking follow up query on XXXXXXX Too many medicines and too many alterations are not good for the child. Continue Althrocin and T-minic drops as per the doctors directions for 5 days. Most of your worries will vanish. If there is no improvement then it is better to consult a pediatrician. Wishing your baby speedy recovery. Further queries invited. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam

Follow-up: Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion? 5 hours later
Ok doctor , as per your suggestion , I am only giving him t-minic and althrocin drops, and I am not giving the rest drops I.e mucolite and coscopin drops, and I will give the colimex drops whenever required . Thanks

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 47 minutes later
Brief Answer: Happy to know your doubts are cleared. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your reply.. I am happy that i am able to clear your doubts. Wish your baby a smooth and early recovery. Please feel free to ask any more queries if required Take care Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH Associate professor of pediatrics

Follow-up: Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion? 1 hour later
Hi doc, sorry to bother you again and again, just wanted to know that T-minic is sleep inducing , so in how much interval should i give him this drop, i mean will it be safe to give in every four hours. Thanks.

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: T-minic drops 3-4times daily is sufficient . Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks and welcome to XXXXXXX . Usually I prescribe T-minic drops 3times daily for my patients. If you feel the response is not as expected you may at best give 4 times daily Ofcourse it causes some sedation but it is tolerable. I hope all your doubts cleared. Still if you have any queries please feel free to ask me. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.

Follow-up: Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion? 54 minutes later
Can you tell the time difference ? Like in every 4 or 6 hours or more?

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 12 hours later
Brief Answer: every 8th hourly or 6th hourly. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for asking another follow up question on health care magic. You may give T-minic drops every 8th hourly. IF you are not getting the expected response you may give every 6th hourly Hope this answer will serve your purpose Please feel free to ask any more queries if required Take care Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam MD;DCH Associate professor of pediatrics

Follow-up: Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion? 5 days later
Hi doc. As per your suggestion i was givinv him t-minic and althrocin since a week, but still there is some congestion in his nose, due to which he becomes crankier all the times and doesn't sleep at all, wanted to ask should i continue giving t-minic, atleast he was able to sleep because of that, i was little skeptical , whether it would be safe using this medicine for longer, plz suggest.

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can continue timinic safely . Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for for asking follow up query. Timinic is safe. You can continue longer if you desire. Althrocin you can stop after 5-7 days. Hope you are clear about continuing Timinic safely for a prolonged period. Further queries invited. Wishing your baby early recovery Dr.m.v.Subrahmanyam

Follow-up: Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion? 35 minutes later
Ok I will stop Althrocin by today only be because today is the 8 th day, will continue tminic because nose congestion and green colour pooping is still there, should I do something for his poop also because since night he has done it like 6-7 times.and for nose congestion I am also giving him nasoclear, and lastly tminic I can give him till the congestion and cough has not gone completely , am I right ? Suggest something for his pooping also. Thsnkd

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 15 hours later
Brief Answer: It is quite normal for two months baby . Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for asking follow up query. It is normal for a 2 months baby to pass 6-7 stools per day. Soon after feed they pass motion due to strong gastrcolic reflex. As long as there no change in color and odor of stool, nothing to worry. At best I suggest Sporolac sachets and Colimex-DF drops for your baby. Continue feeding as usual. Breast feeding is the best feeding. Hope this answer is OK for you. further queries invited. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.

Apparently he is not breastfeeding, he is on formula feed, there is a little odour in the poty also, and cough can also be seen.

Answered by Dr. Venkata Subrahmanaym Mukkavilli 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Well, even if he is on formula feed no worry. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for you followup query and welcome to XXXXXXX Even he is on formula feed no worry, Go ahead with Sporolac and Colimex-DF as advised. Continue formula feeds as usual, No antibiotic is needed. Wish your baby early recovery. Hope this answer is OK for you. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.

Follow-up: Why is my baby crying even after giving medicine for cold, cough and congestion? 42 minutes later
Ok I will continue with tminic and colimex Drops and sporolac, can you plz tell me how many drops of tminic and colimex and in how much time , and how to give sporolac? My doc has also told me progurt powder, is it the same?plz suggest

Brief Answer: If you are using progurt it is OK. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for asking another followup question on XXXXXXX If you are using Progurt powder it is not necessary to use Sporolac powder. T-iminic and Colimex DF drops can be given as 5 drops 3-4 times daily. Hope this answer serves your purpose. Feel free to ask further queries. Dr.M.V.Subrahmanyam.