Why is morphine given after a C-section?
User rating for this question
When I had a csection they gave me morphine for pain afterwards, it didn't work on me. Could you tell me why this is?
Posted Sun, 16 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 1 hour later
must not have given u full dose, so that u could help in delievary
Follow-up: Why is morphine given after a C-section? 0 minute later
No... I had a c-section. This was for pain managment afterward. The actually gave me 2 doses.
Answered by Dr. Saumya Mittal 31 hours later
Brief Answer: Further explanation Detailed Answer: There are number of possibilities for low dose morphine. 1. The pain after use of morphine is dulled, it is not always absent 2. A low dose would be given to you despite pain so that the morphine would not affect the sensorium, so as to allow you to take care of the child 3. Besides the morphine can transfer via breast milk. so again a low dose would have been given. 4. A possibility is that you have been on some medicine or drug previously. Due to this, the effectiveness of morphine would be lower. You may be given morphine, yet not have enough effect. 5. Are you sure it was morphine and not placebo? I am sorry for the delay in response. I would wait for your response to my response, so we can take it further from there Dr Saumya Mittal
People also viewed
- Girl takes 16 inches
- Why mouth smells bad after c section
- I get random bumps on my ball sack
- Is fast or irregular heartbeat a side effect of gildess fe 1/20?
- Is coconut good or bad for high blood pressure
- Is vomitingbreast tenderness a side effect of gildess fe 1.5/30?
- Why is morphine given after a c-section
- Is fever with or without chills a side effect of little fevers?
- Hyperactive when has cold
- Why there is continuous bleeding after c section
- Is frequent or painful urination a side effect of metronidazole?
- Is menstrual irregularities a side effect of methylprednisolone?
- Drinking after c section
- I am using everyuth oxy men face wash for face is
- Why does back hurt after c section