Why is lower dose of Hydrocodone prescribed?

I take Narco 10/325 due to the change in formula for 5/500 which I have taken for over ten years at one tablet four times a day and occasionally Percocet for gout attacks. The new script has my dose at 1/2 to one tab four times per day. I had a serious car accident in 1993 and chronic gout. I take around 3.25 tabs of the new formula a day. What do you think?
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Manjeth Kumar G 2 hours later
Brief Answer: May be to withdraw or to decrease side effects. Detailed Answer: Hello, I have gone through your query. Your query looks little bit Ambiguous. You are mentioning about Hydrocodone / Acetaminophen 10/325 mg to Hydrocodone /Acetaminophen 5/500 mg four times daily. There are two possibilities to switch over to lower dose of Hydrocodone 1. Hydrocodone is potential to cause habit forming and thus your doctor may reduce the dose of the Hydrocodone and withdraw the drug by tapering. Second possibility is You might have developed other side effects from long term use of Narco Especially with Hydrocodone like constipation, dizziness etc.. Please reply with detailed query and what exactly you are expecting?