Why is VDM kit used for?

hi my father took VDM kit... and i secretly came to know about that.... is he suffering from any adverse disease.... my email ID is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sat, 19 Jan 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
VDM kit contains fluconazole (1 tab) 150 mg, azithromycin (1 tab) 1 g, secnidazole (2 tabs) 1 g. It is given for the treatment of mixed vaginal infections and both the partners are treated simultaneously to avoid any recurrent infections. This is not indicative of any serious infections. P,ease do not worry.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Why is VDM kit used for? 45 minutes later
So if he is going through any kind of pain or infection.... how much time will it take for recovery... and is his sugar related to this??? has the sugar(disease) any effect on this disease or infection........... and i came to know that his reproductive part is severly infected.... so i m just worried about that will he get recovered soon from this disease??? and if yes then i would like to know what is the time limit for it... it would take how many days or months???.... and is it harmful to my mother?? has she any role in it??? and i would like to know how this disease happened???
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
First we need to know the exact diagnosis of the infection he is suffering from. Since he is a diabetic, the infection might be difficult to be controlled. These genital infections do need a direct examination for proper diagnosis. It can be a fungal, bacterial , viral or a mixed infection. All the infections have a different treatment, duration of illness, mode of spread and prognosis.The infection can get transmitted to your mother too. He needs to consult a dermatologist for a direct examination and proper treatment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Why is VDM kit used for? 18 minutes later
Doc, i would like to know will it get definitely controlled.... may it take long tym but my question is will he get recovered completely or not with the medicine he took or do he need to take any other medicines......... he is taking his sugar medicine also....
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
Most of the infections can be controlled well with timely and appropriate medicines. It needs a clinical assessment and a direct examination to know the extent of improvement after taking the medicines. These infections are curable.
Regular blood glucose monitoring is also needed. Clinical examination is an integral part of treatment in such infections. Rest assured he will be fine but he needs a proper consultation after an examination and a regular treatment.
Hope you understand my point.
Best regards.